[NWscouters] Latest news from SCOUTS SA - August 2021

SCOUTS South Africa info at scouts.org.za
Tue Aug 17 10:01:55 SAST 2021

National Announcements: August 2021

SCOUTING & COVID-19

Dear Scouting member,

Please be reminded that the most updated Safety Plan for members as well as the updated the Safety Plan for Scout Groups, Workplace Plan for Halls and Campsites aligned to Level 3 and the Personal Declaration and Screening Questionnaire can be found HERE<https://www.scouts.org.za/members/covid-19-info-for-members/>.

ESSENTIAL INFORMATION UPDATE

With thanks to Eastern Cape South RC Martin de Bruyn and incoming RC Jimmy de Scande

Current Eastern Cape South Regional Commissioner, Martin de Bruyn, is retiring from his role after many years of service to the Region.  Therefore, we are pleased to announce the appointment of Jimmy de Scande as the new Regional Commissioner for Eastern Cape South, along with Neil O'Brien as Deputy Regional Commissioner and Jeff Ferreira as the RTC: Adult Leader Training.

All have had a long association with Scouting in the Eastern Cape over many years and will form the nucleus of the team that will be responsible to enhance effective District and Regional structures required to support Scouting in the province. Retiring Regional Commissioner, Martin de Bruyn, will be supporting the team until the end of the year, to ensure a smooth handover.

We would like to thank Martin for his many years of service to Scouting in the Eastern Cape and look forward to his continued contribution in a training capacity going forward.

Adult Support Policy and Child Protection Policy under Review

Please be advised that the current Adult Support Policy and Child Protection Policy are being reviewed.

*         Click here for the Adult Support Policy<https://www.scouts.org.za/wp-content/uploads/SSA-Adult-Support-2018_1.pdf>

*         Click here for the Child Protection Policy<https://www.scouts.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Child-Protection-PolicyF.pdf>

Members who would like to contribute comments towards these policy reviews may email info at scouts.org.za<mailto:info at scouts.org.za> no later than 17 September 2021. Please state the Policy you are commenting on in the Subject line.

Laptop needed for the Free State Regional team

We are currently looking for a 2nd hand laptop to assist the Free State Regional Team with their administration. We therefore ask if you could check within your places of work/companies whether there is a good working laptop they no longer require due to upgrades that could be donated to the SSA Free State team. If you are able to assist, please email info at scouts.org.za<mailto:info at scouts.org.za> and let us know.

UPCOMING EVENTS & OPPORTUNITIES

2021 Gilwell Reunion

We are excited to announce that the 2021 Gilwell Reunion will take place on the 4th of September 2021.

We will come together Nationally using the Teams Platform at 14:00 for the opening address and Scouts Own. Register for the online Gillwell Reunion here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JSJGDPQ

Thereafter, we encourage each Region to host their own smaller face to face event.  Look out for further information through your Regional Communication platforms.

 [cid:image002.png at 01D77D4A.2B8B99A0]

Yours in Scouting,

SCOUTS South Africa

[cid:image003.png at 01D77D4A.2B8B99A0]