[NWscouters] Latest News from SCOUTS SA 2 - August 2022

SCOUTS South Africa info at scouts.org.za
Tue Aug 23 12:37:06 SAST 2022

National Announcements 2: August 2022

Essential information updates

Thank you to the Scouts.Digital team

The migration of Scouts.Digital to Microsoft Azure, a better and more sustainable cloud hosting environment, was successful. The old URL will redirect members for a while, but we encourage members to bookmark the new URL instead: https://ssa.scouts.digital/

We would like to express our sincere thanks to David Bosch and Richard Shearer for the immense time and dedication put in for the migration to succeed.

Pack Star Assessment form 2022

We thank our Pack Scouters for pointing out an error in the 2022 Pack Star assessment form. The amended form can be found here: https://www.scouts.org.za/cub-forms-and-information/.

Tell us how we can improve your AL training experience!

We want to know more about your training and development as an Adult Leader in Scouting. Help us improve your training experiences by completing this survey:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=alWIDwF3iUSOFSXcN2CA9N7StvlVrkpEnz_bllmRDENUQlQwODVHQ1dOUU5WMUhQMENISkFIVU1ONy4u

OPPORTUNITIES

Learn sign language this Deaf Awareness Month

September is Deaf Awareness month, and we have a great opportunity for 75 Scouting members to achieve a personal development goal as part of their personal advancement, or simply to learn a new language!

Sign language is the unofficial 13th language of our country. Local NPC DEAFinition has sponsored 75 places for their online South African Sign Language course!  The courses would be offered for FREE, on a first come first serve basis and Scouting members would have one month to complete them. Find out what the course entails here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtPzNVCbqI

Find out how this course can help your personal advancement HERE.<https://www.scouts.org.za/2022/08/23/learn-sign-language-this-september/>

To register: email info at scouts.org.za<mailto:info at scouts.org.za>, subject SASL course. Give us your name & surname, Scout Group, branch (Cubs, Scouts, Rovers, Adult Volunteer), and email address.

EVENTS

Gilwell Reunion : Saturday 3 September 2022

All over the Scouting world the annual get-together of the 1st Gilwell Park Scout Group takes place during the first weekend in September. Adult Leaders gather to renew old friendships, discuss Scouting and training matters, and have fun. This year we are mixing it up a little! All past and present Scouters are invited to participate, whether you have completed your Woodbadge or not.

Look out for specific communication in your Region. We would like to make this year’s reunion the largest gathering of uniformed Adult Leaders yet! Don't miss out!

Help local Scouts realise their 25WSJ dream!

The 25th World Scout Jamboree takes place in the Republic of Korea from 1-12 August 2023. The SA Contingent has been identified, as well as a pre-tour that would give the Scouts an opportunity to learn more about Korean history and culture.

The WSJ organisers, in collaboration with the Korean government, have launched the Operation-K Solidarity Programme to support Scouts from various socio-economic backgrounds. They will contribute up to 1/3 of the costs for 7 Scouts and a Scouter from South Africa.

We need your help to cover the remaining 2/3 of the costs so we can give them the chance to partake in this once in a lifetime event! Donations towards helping them realise their dream of attending a WSJ, whilst acquiring new skills, meeting new people, and gaining a new perspective on life, can be made to the following account: SCOUTS South Africa, Nedbank, Account number 1232061697, Branch 198765 – with the reference Proj K_Surname .

Yours in Scouting,

SCOUTS South Africa

[cid:image002.png at 01D8B315.85F91B90]