[NWscouters] Welcome to 2022 North West SCOUTS

Thabiso Majola (NW Regional Commissioner) thabiso.majola at scouts.org.za
Wed Jan 12 15:45:05 SAST 2022

Greetings fellow Scouters,

Compliments of the new year! We are looking forward to an exciting 2022.

2021 was a very challenging year for the Region but we managed to pull through. We have seen a significant drop in numbers and star submissions, but we are Bokone Bophirima and we always come out victorious, challenges are made for strong people like us. I take this opportunity to thank all leaders on the ground who were never shaken and stood strong during these tough times, by providing quality program for our youth and shaping the future of tomorrow's leaders.  A lot of positives did also come out of 2021 and for that I thank the Development Office.

During the regional forum we discussed at length the strategic priorities for NWR and we all made a commitment to see it through. The strategic plan is route map that will drive and guide us to seeing sustainable growth and impact in the North West, without your full commitment it will be nothing but just a document. This priorities were decided by you and hoping to see some the results soon. An annual report will be sent out soon to all those who attended the annual forum.
Please be on the lookout for the following to come out soon:

  1.  Regional Announcements
  2.  Regional Calendar
  3.  2020/2021 Annual Report
  4.  Scouts Centre Price List
  5.  Scout Shop Specials

For the past 2years we haven't met as the Region and it has all been so foreign to get used to the "new norm", however good news! the Region will be hosting a BP Sunday Camp at Potchefstroom on the weekend of the 18th to 20th of February 2022, under the theme #PaintPotchPurple #5000.

Venue: Potchefstroom
Date: 18 - 20 February 2021
Camp Fee: R120,00 excluding transport

The team is really excited to host you and will be sending out a detailed camp notice on Facebook,  please be on the lookout.

Looking forward to meeting you all at JB Marks!!

Yours in Scouting

Thabiso Majola
North West Regional Commissioner
SCOUTS South Africa