[NWscouters] Hybrid Dialogue for Peace training

Kathleen Godfrey (Rover: 45th Prometheus) kathleen.godfrey at scouts.org.za
Mon Jan 17 20:09:56 SAST 2022

Good day

We will be running a hybrid Dialogue for Peace training and are opening up applications. The training will run from 19 February to 5 March 2022 via Discord (alongside other tools e.g. email, Mural and Google Drive.

The training is free of charge, but we are not able to support participants with data bundles etc. Participants must be able to join and follow sessions online.  Please note that this is a live course, not an online self-paced module. While we will be as flexible as possible, participants must attend as many sessions as possible in order to complete the course successfully.

Sessions will take place outside standard working hours and on weekends.

Please note applications for the training close on the 30 January. We will confirm selection by 5 February.

Training is open to participants over 18 from all regions of Scouts South Africa.

Please find the application form here: https://forms.office.com/r/WUn66GRyDt

For any further questions please mail kathleen.godfrey at scouts.org.za<mailto:kathleen.godfrey at scouts.org.za>

Further information:
Dialogue for Peace is an exciting programme developed in partnership with KAICIID. We learn to find similarities unnoticed before, and even come to respect and sometimes appreciate differences. Through dialogue, we come together as human beings first to find inclusive solutions to the challenges we face today. The Dialogue for Peace programme invites Scouts to discover how they can incorporate dialogue into their everyday lives. This training will upskill in Dialogue skills and help you train others in these skills, as well as incorporate them in your life and scout activities.

Find out more information about the programme at: https://www.scout.org/dialogue4peace

Warm regards
Kathleen Godfrey
Chairperson, Africa Scout Youth Advisors (WOSM)
Dialogue for Peace programme
SCOUTS South Africa
www.scouts.org.za<http://www.scouts.org.za/>